Tuesday 28 August 2012

Review and Ideas: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer


 
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer RRP £28

I've had this product for around eight months now and keep using it despite my unfortunate dislike for the product. I guess I keep using it to compensate for the amount of money I spent on a product that doesn't agree with me! I love the Laura Mercier brand and had heard great things about this product! Although the price was steep for a primer, I was encouraged to give it a go to achieve great coverage and a sheer base for foundation. I was very upset with the results! 

The application is easy, just a simple squeezy bottle and you only need a little and it goes a long way which is a plus! The primer is a gel which can be cooled in the fridge which is lovely on holiday after a day out in the sun! I found the gel watery and coverage wasn't great. I didn't notice a difference between wearing it with foundation and wearing foundation alone. On the plus side, it contains vitamins A,C and E and lots of antioxidants to protect from ageing. The gel is very lightweight which is also considered a plus, however, too lightweight to be considered for creating a canvas as a primer should do! 

My mum has the hydrating primer and it's moisture-rich texture is much more useful for even coverage. I do believe Laura Mercier have great products so i'm looking forward to trying more! Have you tried this one? Any other primers that are similar? Too watery/too thick?

Smokeyblush TIP: Take this on holiday to soothe the face after a long day in the sun. The vitamins will restore balance on your face and neck whilst cooling it. Pop it in the fridge for an even cooler sensation!

No comments:

Search