Tuesday 2 October 2012

Laura Geller Spackle Primer

LAURA GELLER SPACKLE PRIMER FOR UNDER MAKEUP RRP £20

Hello fellow beauties, I'm back to beauty reviewing, but for those who had a look at my Japan posts, thank you and I hope you enjoyed the series!

 I was kindly given this from my boyfriend's mum, so thank you if you read this! If you aren't familiar with Laura Geller, it's a makeup brand formed in the US and has big connections with QVC shopping channels across the world. I'm always looking for a primer that will make my skin a blank canvas, which is something I find that most high street primers are poor at. 

This cute little squeezy tube comes in at around £20 and it's 59ml of primer will last you a good while so it may be worth buying a more expensive primer as those are the ones that tend to last. You only need a little bit of the primer and it goes a long way, a couple of finger tips worth

I wasn't expecting the primer to be as liquid-based as it was.  I always find it harder to create a new base with liquid or gel primers, do you? I found I was rubbing it in for a while and I'm not sure whether it really sunk into my skin that well. I do find though that applying a moisturiser before the primer will help to create a more even base. It gives off a smooth finish but I found it didn't even out everywhere with the same degree, for example, under my eyes.

Alongside the gel being Aloe-Vera based, Spackle is made with plant extracts, anti-oxidants, white Tea and Centella Asiatica Extracts. You do feel like your skin has been refreshed and revitalised and it's lightweight, meaning it's not heavy on your face and it doesn't clog into deep pores. 

As what primers should do, It did make my makeup last a little longer than without a primer. Now that I'm back at university, my makeup needs to last longer and I will definitly be considering this for daily use, however, I do prefer a more thicker substance to create a smoother new base. afterall I want a blank canvas, I think this product is more about cooling and refreshing the skin with it's rich ingredients.

Let me know if you have tried this brand, really intrigued!

Lauren x



No comments:

Search