Thursday 17 January 2013

My top 5 January Essentials




Nivea Lip Salve | RRP £1.65
 For those wintery days where your lips refuse to participate in your beauty regime. It happens to everyone, those dry cracked lips are easily fixed with a little essential salve that will turn your dull dry lips to a beaming flushed pair of smackers. I opt for the plain one, enriched with jojoba oils and shear butter to keep them moisturised in high winds and cold spells. However, there are lots of lovely little ones out there, such as the pearly pink, milk & honey or glossy ones! AND, there's even one for men, so guys, you have NO excuse. Paired with a lip scrub (pick a good one up at lush) you'll have kissable lips throughout the winter months.

NARS blush | RRP £21
 Ok, so it's that time of year to down play the bronzer and accentuate our little cheeks with a hint of rose, to of course obtaining the natural look. I opt for NARS blusher, in particular the hyped up ' orgasm'. One of the prettiest colours around. With it's hints of gold, you'll think you'll never think you needed that bronzer!

Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Barm | RRP £34
 Yes, it may be a little steep to buy but you won't regret this one. The winter months can be really harsh on your skin, by keeping it cleansed and moisturised, you'll help it to look fresh and bright during the dull months. It doubles up as a rescue remedy for dry patches such as elbows/knees. It contains a little bit of greatness; Moringa Seed extract, Orange and Mandarin extract, Jasmine, Wild Sea Fennel and plenty of that vitamin E we need to keep our face glowing.

Elemis Gentle Rose Exfoliator | RRP £21.60
 This lovely exfoliator is incredibly soft on the face, leaving your face smooth and clean. Our pores can clog up in the summer, we slap on all sorts of moisturisers and BB creams to keep our skin glowing, but when it's time to take off the grime, this will do the job without making your skin feel abrasive. With it's Moroccan Rose oil and Jojobar beads, this is soft enough to use everyday unlike most exfoliators.

YSL Shocking Mascara | RRP £22 My favourite pick of the month! Our eyes puff up in the winter to protect themselves from the cold winds and the long dark nights that go with those long dark days. Want to beat the January blues by looking perk? This Mascara is dramatic and lengthens those lashes making eyes look bigger than ever! A cheaper version is the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara which does great things for your making those tired eyes look a little more awake than we feel.

Winter Favourites Vlog Coming Soon! | Follower me via Twitter : @smokeyblush





7 comments:

EllieAlice said...

I so so want to try the YSL shocking mascara! xx

xelliealicex.blogspot.com

All About Ali Mai said...

i adore the emma hardier cleanser. It makes me skin feel so good. x

Unknown said...

Im loving Elemis products at the moment, I haven't tried this exfoliator im using their papaya enzyme peel at the moment.
I have a love hate relationship with orgasm, I really don't know why sometimes I love it and I wear it everyday then all of sudden I hate it! I think im a bit of a crank haha! Im running a NARS giveaway on my blog at the moment if you're interested xx

Liz said...

i really enjoyed this post, really interesting to hear about x

Elizabeth Daisy. said...

Really want to try the YSL Shocking Mascara, great review lovely, my next beauty buy me thinks!

Eda ♥

Unknown said...

I've been using the Benefit Theyre Real for the winter months, no amount of rain or snow can move that bad boy :) x

GLITTERANDGRIMES said...

Love this outfit! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my latest blog posts for more information on the Awards and what to do when nominated :) http://www.velvetwriter.com/2013/02/ive-been-nominated.html

velvetwriter
xx

Search