| Goats Cheese, Sage and Sun dried Tomato Sausage Rolls |
These little bite-size treats will go down well for Christmas parties or late night snacks. They are so easy to make and once you've tasted one, you won't want to share! However, I'm going to share the recipe with you!
- 500g of Sausage Meat
- Zest of a lemon
- Handful of sage
- 150g of Goats Cheese
- 3sundried tomatoes ( they come in olive oil)
- Filo pastry sheets
- Melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C or Gas Mark 5
- Melt a spoon full of margarine/butter in a pan.
- Grab a big mixing bowl, put the meat in and mix it up with a fork.
- Grate the rind of a lemon and pop into the meat mixture
- Finely chop around 5 sage leaves and pop into mixture
- Cut up the goats cheese into small chunks and pop into mixture
- Mix this all up.
- Get 3 sundried tomatoes in oil and pat dry with kitchen roll, and finely chop
- Add to the mixture, making sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Roll out one filo pastry sheet and pop the mixture along the bottom in a line.
- Put another filor sheet on top of this and then roll from the bottom where the meat to the top.
- Pop some melted butter onto the seal side of the pastry so it doesn't come apart whilst cooking.
- Get a sharp knife and chop into small squares.
- pop onto baking tray with baking paper and leave for 10 minutes
- after 10 mins, change the tray around and leave for another 5-10 mins.
- VOILA, leave to cool for 5 minutes but they are best when crispy and warm!