Thursday 27 September 2012

Japan #2

So here is my second post of my time in Japan! 

As time went on, I traveled further and my confidence led me to master Japanese train maps!Kyoto was one of my favourite places to visit, it's scenery was astonishing.There seemed to be a refreshing balance of warm-coloured Autumn  leaves and the crisp Autumn breeze rustling the streets.


Kyoto was my favourite place to be, so scenic and natural. It was lovely to get away from the hustle and bustle of normal every-day Japan life. Kyoto was originally the capital of Japan and many Japanese films such as 'Kurosawa' and ' sisters of the gion' were filmed here in the village of 'Gion'. This was one of the most important geisha districts in Japan although they prefered to call themselves 'geiko' which means 'a woman of art'. 

The narrow streets of Gion reflect a lot of history and the beauty of it remains still an attribute to Japan, a place where tourists can learn for themselves what once went on at Gion. There are chances to dress up as geishas and to visit temples and beautiful parks. If you head up to the huge 500 ton Buddah at the top of Gion, you will find a war memorial for those that died in World War II and spectacular views across Kyoto. Breathtaking.

Lots of pictures below to nose at! 

Lauren x










5 comments:

vanitytheft said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU. Looks like you had an ace time babes :) x

Unknown said...

I LOVED these pictures of yours <3 so pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm your new follower :) Now I'm following your blog and Twitter!

Kyoto is such a beautiful city isn't it? I've been living in Tokyo in my entire life and have been to Kyoto only once, which was like 13 years ago and I don't remember much :( But I still remember I was amazed by the landscape.

I'm looking forward to reading more posts from you! :)

Anonymous said...

These photos are so beautiful, loved this series of posts :D And those knee-high boots are adorable! xxx

Unknown said...

Kyoto is my favourite place! and thank you Hannah and Laura! I loveeeee the boots haha!

Lauren xxx

Search